Made these babies last night. They were a hit.
- 2 very large Honey Crisp apples
- 2 1/2 cups Dark chocolate waffers
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup caramels, melted
- Chopped nuts or whatever you want to put on them
- Popsicle sticks
- Slice apples into 1/2″ pieces. With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice to make it easier to insert a popsicle stick.
- Melt chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes.* Stir in coconut oil until smooth. Dip apple slices in chocolate and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place caramels in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds.* Do NOT overheat. Stir until smooth. Drizzle melted caramel over chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy immediately. Apples are best the first day. Store in refrigerator.
- *For best results, follow the chocolate chip package instructions for melting chocolate and same for caramel. Follow the caramel package instructions for melting caramels.
- Note: If you’re concerned about biting into an apple seed, just remove them before dipping the apple slice in chocolate.